Wednesday, June 12, 2013

beatles night.

GIORNI VENTINOVE & TRENTA
So again, ( I am sorry I am being repetitive) I am going to start with today will be a pretty boring post.  Today I woke up rather early and went for a run along the Arno.  The temperature is definitely getting warmer, but today was a strangely cold morning.

When I got back I showered and got ready, and we all went to The Diner for breakfast.  Christina and I shared a massive pile of chocolate chip pancakes and we practiced our oral presentations... I was a little worried about mine because I get so nervous in front of crowds, but when I stood up in front of the class to give mine, I announced, "You are all in your underwear right now."  It helped a lot.  As long as I was fully clothed and they were all wearing underwear, I was golden.

It went well... I only forgot about a few things and I only referred to my paper once!  Rory's was so funny because she took sketch photos of her teachers.  She had this one of Marta where she was looking in her purse in the background behind a small packet of Nutella. Priceless.

After class we headed to wine class, where we had a small quiz to test our knowledge.  Crushed it, but did not succeed in the blind wine tasting... what is this?  Wine is so unpredictable, yet I am hearing that it is pretty readable.  It's just not my forte!

On the way home Danielle totally creeped on Carrie and me, and scared us so bad.  We walked into this store and I had casually said, "I have never been on this street before," and all of the sudden it was repeated behind me.  I felt a shiver go through me... it shouldn't have scared me that much, but it was so creepy!!  You got me Danielle!  You better watch your back because I am getting you back... Just kidding.  Or am I?

Allora, when I got back to the apartment I was pleased to see that Tarah, Savannah, and Christina were still here because Tarah wasn't feeling too well.  Uh, oh!  On the bright side, Carly H., Mallory, and Paula are now in town!  Carly can join us in an epic PI CHI picture and we are planning a great night out with all of them!  So excited!


Anyway, we first went to this Mexican restaurant called Tijuana for margaritas... I officially know I do NOT like margaritas.  Or maybe it's just tequila, but no way!  So we were just hanging out, eating chips and salsa, asking for refills because you ALWAYS need refills on chips when you have queso and salsa... they never thought to tell us that each new basket of chips costs three euro.  We were not happy.  Not only that, there is absolutely no customer service... I know I have talked about this before, but it was ridiculous that we had to actually go find our waitress last night to bring us our check, and she was rude to us the whole night.  If we could give tips here we wouldn't have given anything to her.  Therefore I am openly telling you NOT to go to Tijuana in Firenze.  They will rip you off.  And you won't like it.

After Tijuana and our fight with the staff, we walked to this underground bar where a band of four men did covers of the Beatles.  They attempted to talk in British accents behind their Italian ones and also dressed in Beatles garb.  It was pretty cool and the place was packed!  Eventually Mallory, Carly, and Paula showed up and they all moved to the back room to have more space.  Everyone was really into it except this random girl who was sleeping at the front table... What?  The guitars were practically blaring in her ears and she was just taking a little nap right in the middle of "Help!"  Classic.  I honestly wish I could sleep as soundly as her with that amount of noise
going on around her... Props.

After a while the place got super crowded, so we decided to head out and make our way to another place.  Of course we ended up at the place we swore to never return to... The Lions Fountain.  But today was way better because there were less people and way less obnoxious Americans. 

The music was good and we just had a good time.  Although we planned on staying out until the sunrise so we could watch it on the bridge, I am lame and went back to sleep!  Tarah, Savannah, and Mallory stayed out and hung out on the bridge where this section juts out over the water.  They told me this morning that if the police catch you there it is a 5,000 euro fine.  What?  That is literally the largest fine I have ever heard for something so menial... I can't.

So, right now I am up and ready to go.  Today is another logistics day because tomorrow I will be gone until very late Sunday,  "Gone to the Beach."

IMPORTANT:  I will not be able to blog until maybe Sunday, but probably Monday!  Don't give up on me!  I promise I will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment