Sunday, March 23, 2014

uf bucket list.

Everyone constantly talks about bucket lists... you know, those 100 things you want to do before you die.  I know I have one, gathering dust somewhere in the notes of my phone, promising that I will go bungee jumping in Australia, & go paragliding, & learn to sail in the Caribbean, & getting married.  But in reality, how many of those will you actually complete (hopefully the marriage one at least!)?  Because in the words of Paul Giamatti from Saving Mr. Banks, "A leisurely stroll is a gift."  Life does not always offer those bucket list opportunities, so when you are given that time for "leisurely stroll," jump on it.  You will only regret the things you didn't do.  

When I think back to my general life motto & the name of my blog, "Living in the Moment," I wonder, why would I create a bucket list... It is such a futurist mindset?  & I think I've decided that bucket lists exist so we don't regret. 

& the last thing I want to regret is my time here at UF.  A bucket list does exist in the UF world... it is called the F-Book & it consists of the usual, going to a Gator game, taking a picture kissing the Bull Gator, & eating Krishna Lunch, BUT


what it forgets to include are those underrated moments...

1. Sunsets behind the stadium


2. Listening to Frozen & watching bubbles float by after running through campus
3. Skipping along the road like no one is watching... "because skipping is the new walking." --Kerry Leonard


4. Having heart-felt conversations & forgetting about finals
5. Taking leisurely strolls to look at how beautiful our campus is
6. Gator chomping live alligators


7. Exploring the wetlands
8. Eating at Pearl's BBQ (aka an awkward, yet delicious gas station in Micanopy) & probably gaining 7638637 pounds in one bite
9. Running through Paynes Prairie in the rain
10. Being a goofball with your roommates & becoming best friends with your randoms


11. Playing soccer or hide & go seek(?) in the apartment


12. Having wine nights
13. Ordering Midnight Cookies (always)
14. Having sleepovers even when your friend lives down the street
15. Watching When Harry Met Sally over & over again


16. Dancing down the aisles in Publix
17. Swimming at Ichetcknee Springs even when it's FREEZING!


18. Sleeping in the sun in Plaza of the Americas
19. Hoping you're not the one who tumbles Century Tower
20. & remembering that you aren't anywhere else.  Doesn't get much better than UF.


I don't think I will regret a thing post-2015. #UFbucketlist

-Ciao

2 comments: