Wednesday, September 4, 2013

just call me carrie.

Blogging has kinda become my obsession...

Sometimes when I write my blog posts I feel like Carrie Bradshaw (minus the glamor, cigarette, skimpy lingerie, risque topic, & high class followers, but plus the tutu!!!) & I just feel like this is were I belong... behind a computer screen with a story on my mind.
"Just call me Carrie"

Every episode of "Sex & the City" is centered around a theme that Carrie is usually researching & writing about.  She gathers with her 3 loyal friends & gossip about their lives (don't you wish you had the time & money these women all seem to have?).  Anyway, sometimes I center my life around what my blog post will say & I formulate ideas in my mind about how to organize those days into a single post.  My days eventually trickle down into a short "column," if you will, of words in my daily(ish) blog.  Isn't that what Carrie does?  I mean in reality she is writing about her friends crazy & outlandish experiences of their daily lives... just like me, right?

I know what your thinking... yeah.  My life isn't quite like Carrie's.  But I still catch myself looking through her eyes as I wonder, WWCD?  (What would Carrie do?)

Obviously this is kind of a joke, but in a way it is true because I do feel inspired to write while watching Carrie do her thing.  Carrie's just got a knack for turning moments into words... a knack I would love to have.  Although, my topic might be a little different...

I think we resemble one another, though... don't you?

"Rachele Harvey knows good moments."

1 comment: