Saturday, May 11, 2013

today is a "small world" kinda day.

Today is the day!  Right now I am sitting in Miami International Airport waiting for my flight, which was (of course) delayed by three hours.  Luckily having a genius mom comes in handy because my layover in Frankfurt was originally five hours!

Anyway, after eating a goodbye lunch at Houston's and going through security with my parents sadly waving behind, I made my way to the gate.  I did not realize the vastness of this program compared to the smallness of the world until I walked down the international wing and ran into a guy I barely knew in high school.  He attends The University of South Florida and is also going on this same trip. I love small worlds!

There's no place like Florence! Ciao Florida!
Right now I am sitting on the Lufthansa plane waiting to take off! A little over eight hours from now I will be in Frankfurt en route to my final and favorite destination... FLORENCE! I have been waiting for this trip since Thanksgiving. And I'll tell you I am giving some thanks right now! This is going to be an amazing experience.

I won't have a phone completely, so the best way to reach me over the next six weeks is obviously through this blog or through the app called "viber." I can call and text you free in areas with wifi.

I can't wait to hear from you all and I will continue to post pictures and experiences along through this awesome ride. Stay tuned, and arrivederci!

Rachele

No comments:

Post a Comment