Thursday, May 9, 2013

my bright pink backpack.

Patagonia Refugio Pack 28L <3
Well... I leave on Saturday out of Miami International Airport for Florence, and I just keep staring at my packed suitcase thinking there is something I'm forgetting.  I know the second I land in Italy there will be that, "oh, I should have brought..." moment.  There always is.  My backpack, carrying all the essentials has become my new obsession. 

So all day today me and my mom went through my mounds of clothes trying to figure out the "dos and don'ts" on the streets of Florence.  Apparently bright backpacks are a no go because they draw too much attention... well oops.  I am pretty sure I picked the brightest backpack in the bunch.  But I really like it, and so it will follow me through all of my summer travels.
 

The gang's all here!
Packing for Florence became even more difficult because of the back-to-back adventures I have after Italy.  After my 6-week sabbatical studying Italian language and Italian wine culture, my backpack's journey continues to Snowmass, Colorado where I will go hiking with my parents at the Maroon Bells and raft down the Roaring Fork River from 23 June to 5 July.  And my perfect, bright pink backpack will be there with me.    

If you have never been to Colorado and you want to FINALLY see what everyone is talking about, take a gander at Snowmass because in my (clearly biased) opinion, it is situated in one of the most beautiful and perfect areas of Colorado.  With Aspen just around the corner, hiking and rafting locations within the Pitkin County perimeter, and wonderful ski-in/ski-out access, there is nothing more perfect than Snowmass. 

I am so excited to spend some summertime in Colorado; actually seeing some greenery besides the flawless white snow that envelopes the mountains during winter.  My backpack will be a perfect contrast, a wildflower growing on the side of the Maroon Bells.

By the time 5 June rolls around, my now slightly worn backpack will makes its way to Hendersonville, North Carolina.  Camp Pinnacle might not be ready for my backpack, but I am ready to see all my campers from last year!

http://www.camppinnacle.com/

With my backpack all packed for the summer, I can only look forward to all the wonderful new places it will see on my journey.  From Italy's historic streets, to Colorado's mountain range, and finally to North Carolina's blue sky over Wolfe Lake, my bright pink backpack will get the best view, always strapped to my back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment