Thursday, December 12, 2013

my kinda cardio.

Thelma & Louise
Some people say shopping is easy, but I'll tell you up front, shopping is tough stuff.  I mean, we have all heard about those brutal Black Friday stories... some are practically on a whole new level of horror, but those shoppers we speak of are professionals. My mom & I are just 2 rather experienced, but not quite professional (yet) shoppers on a mission.  Partners in crime if you will.

But shopping isn't just a mindless game... it's war; it's exercise.  I'll have you know, just on our short outing to the Palm Beach Gardens Mall, my mom & I took 7,952 steps, burned 1,780 calories, & walked just over 3 miles. Ladies & gentlemen, the truth is out... shopping ain't easy.  Actually, shopping might just be the ticket to a healthy lifestyle.  Not only are you buying things to look good & feel good, but you look good doing it.  & it is easy to track it all with your handy (well, actually, wristy) Fitbit!  Shout out to AC (Aunt Cindy) for always picking out the perfect holiday presents!

Anyway, you got the legs when walking from shop to shop, you got the arms when carrying the merchandise like barbells, & you got the core from the crunches you do while taking your shoes on & off in the dressing rooms.  & sometimes (like on a Black Friday kind of important shopping day), you have to throw a few punches, kick a little, & huff & puff past the slow pokes to make moves in the nice shops.  Shopping is total body, kickboxing, & an ab workout all in one.  So don't feel guilty when you make that side trip to "Chick Fil A..." you deserve it!

I'm not kidding around either... you should have seen the sweat I broke while trying on sweaters today.  It took a lot out of me I'll have you know!  Especially when trying on winter sweaters... & in this Florida heat.  I mean the people up north have it easy because at least when they try on sweaters the weather is "fitting."

Not only do you get all this accidental exercise, but you are working the mind too.  All those numbers & sales & difficult style decisions... I mean those decisions aren't going to make themselves.  With all these sales we are really saving SO much money... it's a steal.   

So I guess what I'm trying to tell you is that shopping is not only important for your closet & your physical, outward appearance, but it is also crucial for your physique & mind.  Retail therapy is real people, but what you didn't know was that it's therapeutic to the body as well.

Who needs treadmills when you've got the runway down the Nordstrom's dressing room?  Or who needs weights when your lifting J-Crew, Anthropologie, & Gap all in one hand?  No one... this is a 2 in 1.  Shopping & exercise all in 1 package.  So ladies (I know I'm speaking to the heart here!)... GO SHOPPING because "shopping is our cardio."

& last, but not least... What does the Fox say?     

This is a T-Shirt... I think the Fox would say: "I'm honored to serve this country's malls & provide healthy living."

Shop-ping-ping-ping-ping-ping-ping!
Shop-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-ping!
Shop-cha-cha-cha-cha-cha-cha-ping!
... I had to.

Clearly a steal.

You heard it here first, but definitely not last! Ciao-

No comments:

Post a Comment